1 3/4 cup milk
3 1/2 cup zucchini, grated with large holes on grater, or chopped
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup spelt flour
2 1/2 cup oat flour
2 1/4 cup raw, unrefined sugar
2/3 cup ground flax
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon, 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Yield: 2 loaves - 9 X 5
- Whole wheat or all purpose flour can be used instead of the flours listed. Do not pack flour when measuring.
- Regular sugar or brown sugar can be used instead of raw sugar. If you don't have ground flax, add an extra 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Line 2 loaf pans with waxed paper that covers bottom and 2 sides. If coconut oil is hard, warm until it softens, or melts, be sure it isn't hot enough to cook egg, when egg is added.
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine bowls and stir until well mixed. Pour into 2 waxed paper lined 9X5 loaf pans. There should be at least 1/2" space above batter or it could overflow.
- Bake at 350 for 80 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 or 10 minutes before removing from pan, if you want to be sure it doesn't break. Loosen ends with spatula. - Karen G.